There is nothing like pancakes on Saturday morning. If you asked me, I’d eat breakfast for every single meal of the day! Everything from waffles, to pancakes, French toast, tofu scramble, breakfast sandwiches and more. Thats why these Banana Bread Pancakes have become a family favourite fast!
I’ve always been one to respect breakfast. You’ll never catch me dashing out of the house with an empty stomach. I love to wake up slowly. Enjoy a latte, eat my breakfast at a reasonable pace and think about the day ahead.
I’m also pretty routine when it comes to what I eat for breakfast — Monday to Friday I eat some variation of oatmeal and have for 8 years. But when it comes to Saturday and Sunday it’s game on!
We’re all about the yummy big breakfasts but still want to be fuelled for the day. My husband and I found ourselves feeling so sluggish after eating those big meals which caused me to re-evaluate our weekend breakfast habits.
So I created these banana bread pancakes. They’re delicious, nutritious and energizing! Plus, they’re completely baby/toddler/kid friendly as well!
Let me break down the stats below so you can see for yourself just how damn amazing these little green cakes are!
These numbers are based off the stack pictured above (7 pancakes) which I would consider to be 1 serving (I know that sounds like a lot but these are on the smaller side and don’t leave you feeling stuffed like your standard pancake)
*Based off of my specific and personal caloric intake*
Fat: 11g (0 trans fat)
What I love most about this recipe is it hits every single nutrient. It’s got a lot of fibre to help get your system going first thing in the AM. The fibre also helps you feel less bloated but more full. The healthy fats from the seeds and soy milk will help you to feel full longer and the high complex carbohydrates helps energize you for the day.
I love giving these to my little chunkster (Huntly) because I know he’s starting his day off on the right track!
Enjoy this recipe and share you’re morning breakfast with me at @lostblondesole on instagram 💕
Healthy Banana Bread Pancakes
- Blender/Food processor
- 2 cups soy milk or other non-dairy milk
- 2 ripe banana's
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup rolled oats/quick oats
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts can omit if you don't have
- 1.5 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Toss all ingrdients into a good blender or food processor and blend until it's extremely well blended. You will want to pause and scrape down the sides of the blender with a spatual a few times as well.
- Once blended let the batter sit for 5 minutes and in the mean time prepare you're non-stick frying pan. If you don't have non-stick then get some vegan friendly butter or margarin to ensure your pancakes don't stick. You want to cook your pancakes at a low medium heat. Allow your pans to get hot enough before you start cooking your first pancake.