Peanut Butter Banana Brownies
Biting into a thick, dense, moist brownie is mouth watering…and these Peanut Butter Banana Brownies are no different.
I had never been a big chocolate person. I was always into candy and non-chocolatey baked goods. But something about brownies… I get cravings that I just can’t ignore.
If you’ve been able to get through the covid quarantine without all the sugary cravings then I applaud you. But that surely has not been the case for me 😂
Naturally I fell victim to my brownie and peanut butter craving and decided to explore a bit! With a ton of banana’s on the counter and a love for peanut butter, it seemed like a great idea to bring this deadly trio together. Peanut butter, chocolate and banana…you can’t beat it 🤤
I pride myself on being on top of my pantry baking items but even so, when baking, it always seems to be a dramatic event. I usually end up making the discovery half-way through, that I’m missing an ingredient.
Although, when it happened this time around, I didn’t think my hubby would have a problem making an extra stop on the way home knowing brownies were the treat at the end.
Oh, that new motherhood life. Always striving to be one step ahead but rather always feel like you’re 3 steps behind. I’m sure that’s why I felt I need brownies 🤣
During these crazy crazy times we’re living in though, I take every small accomplishment I make as a huge success and win. And these brownies were a win without a doubt!
about the recipe
This recipe is designed to be super easy — even beginners in the kitchen can produce a professional baker’s quality brownie. These are sure to impress every brownie lover near and far.
These Peanut Butter Banana Brownies are vegan as well! And the best part about vegan? You can eat the batter or dough to anything completely worry free of getting sick. Oh the bonuses of being vegan!
I hope you enjoy them and share you’re brownies with me on instagram @lostblondesole
You can also enjoy other easy and delicious vegan recipes by checking out my collection of recipes here
Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Brownies
- 1/2 cup peanut butter melted
- 1/2 cup vegan butter Earth's Own or Vegan Becel work great (melted)
- 2 ripe banana's mashed
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 flax eggs or egg replacers
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts optional
Peanut Butter Chocolate Icing
- 1/8 cup vegan butter Earth's Own or Vegan Becel work great (softened)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9 X 11 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt your butter and peanut butter. Once melted pour into the bowl of yor stand mixer or in a large mixing bowl. Mash your banana's and place in large bowl with butter along with the rest of your ingridients except the flour. Mix until well incorporated.
- Mix your flour in slowly. You will end up with a thick batter. If you're adding walnuts, add them now.
- Pour the batter into your parchment lined dish and smooth to even the batter out.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool all the way through until you ice them.
- Toss all ingridients into the bowl of your standmixer or a large mixing bowl other than your icing sugar and mix well. Slowly add the icing sugar until it's all mixed in. Ice your brownies and enjoy!