I should have known my 15 minute cinnamon rolls would be a hit 😂 It makes me so proud to have so many followers as passionate about food and cinnamon buns as I am.
My husband and I love to snack after dinner, once our little sir is down for the night. We just happened to have Pillsbury Crescent roll dough in the fridge and whipped these up. You all loved them and couldn’t believe there was such thing as 15 minute cinnamon rolls I felt obligated to share the cinna-love.
Pillsbury crescent rolls are one of my favourite accidnetly vegan products out there. I think I eat it more now that I’m vegan.
Now, you may be asking, why not just buy the Pillsbury Cinnamon Roll dough?
And this is a valid question — and honestly, it’s because these are vegan friendly, just as easy to make and taste way better!
These cinnamon rolls are extremely easy to make but you end up with professional bakers quality rolls (and you don’t have tell your friends and family you used Pillsbury dough 😉
The other awesome thing about these rolls is that you can make them however you like.
Variations we’ve made:
🔸Classic — brown sugar & cinnamon
🔸Pecan & Raisin
🔸Banana, walnut, chocolate chip
Can you tell we love to eat cinnamon buns 😅 Always keep the classic variation of cinnamon and brown sugar and add in whatever fillings you would like. If you add anything that has sugar then adjust the amount of brown sugar and cinnamon you use.
You can also change up this very basic frosting recipe I have provided. Adding coconut cream (you can find more information about what I use in my other cinnamon bun recipe) or a vegan butter. You can add strawberry jam, chocolate, brewed coffee etc. Get creative!
15 minute cinnamon rolls
- 1 tube pillsbury crescent rolls
- 1/8 cup vegan butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans/raisins/chocolate chips optional
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 3.5 tbsp soy milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375° and grab a small baking pan. There is no need to spray or line it with parchment paper.
- Roll your dough out on the pan and pinch the perferated slits together closing the holes as best as possible.
- Melt your butter and mix in your brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Spread your butter mixture evenly across your dough with a spatula and sprinkle with your other toppings if adding.
- Roll your dough hotdog style and cut into 8 rolls. Start by cutting it in half, then the 2 half's into quarters etc. Place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes then let cool.
- To make your icing mix all of the icing ingredients together then drizzle on top of your rolls and enjoy!